Traine Construction Ltd. is proud to be in the business of building communities and has been for over 20 years. We build and operate our own properties with the aim of protecting rental rates to meet our goal of providing attainable housing across Canada.
Traine Construction & Development is based in Kelowna, BC and works throughout Canada, primarily on multi-family residential construction projects for our property management division, Mainline Living to operate. We create communities that residents are proud to live in and we are proud to operate. From Ontario to British Columbia, Traine prides itself on building excellent multi-family communities and great careers!
This role will be responsible to the President, CFO, EVP of Operations and VP of People & Culture. This role provides invaluable support to the leaders of Traine. He/she undertakes administrative, organizational and secretarial functions to ensure that the Executives and the Senior Management Team (SMT) can work effectively and efficiently. He/she will be a proactive problem solver with exceptional communication skills, meticulous attention to detail, a high degree of professionalism and ability to protect confidential information.
- Anticipate what the Executive Leaders need to effectively fulfill their role.
- Use own judgement to follow up on tasks to ensure completion and bring pertinent information to the attention of the appropriate Executive.
- Coordinate key deliverables and objectives among the Executive Leadership Team.
- Function as liaison, with tact and diplomacy, for the Executives to foster relationships internally with the team and externally within the industry, stakeholders, and visitors.
- Occasionally represent the President, CFO, EVP and VP-P&C by attending meetings in the Executive's absence.
- Coordination of all SMT events and meetings.
- Complete and submit expense reports for the President, CFO, EVP and VP-P&C.
- Assist in the organization of partner/investor relations (events, meetings, communication with SMT).
- Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying and transmitting text, data and graphics.
- Responsible for taking ELT & SMT meeting minutes, creating agenda documents and tracking deliverables.
- Process legal corporate documents, obtain signatures and file copies.
- Conserve ELT’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Maintain Executives’ appointment schedules by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences and travel.
- Assist the President and EVP in the maintenance of their email account and Outlook calendar.
- Provide occasional assistance with maintenance of the ELT’s LinkedIn accounts.
- Complete all company related travel bookings for the ELT including flights, accommodation and car rentals.
- Assist the Executives with some personal travel planning, including coordination with family members.
- Acts as a gatekeeper for the executives and determine which calls to direct or prioritize for the Executive Team.
- Coordinate scheduling and administration duties relating to the Traine Building Futures Foundation.
- Adapts style of communication to best suit objective, context and customer.
- Speaks in a clear and succinct manner.
- Is a careful listener when receiving direction, requiring minimal input to deliver on requested items.
- Takes action to exceed the Executive’s expectations.
- Professionally and promptly responds to telephone, email, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other parties.
Planning and organizing
- Makes effective and efficient use of time and resources.
- Establishes clear timeframes with deadlines and milestones.
- Has an excellent personal organizational system enabling quick reference and recall.
- Upholds commitments and promises made to colleagues and clients.
- Follows processes, procedures and policies.
- Willing to work under a Non-Disclosure Agreement/Confidentiality Agreement.
Use of Technology
- Above average ability to produce presentations, reports and miscellaneous documents in various software programs such as PowerPoint, Excel and Spectrum.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products as well as familiarity with Adobe design products.
- Capable of producing accurate, high quality
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Perform research for special projects and perform related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum five years’ experience providing administrative support at an executive level.
- Office Administration Diploma (2 year program). A combination of work experience and education will be considered.
- Ability to act with discretion, tact, and trustworthiness. Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Advanced computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as the complete MS Office Suite and in specific, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word as well as Adobe Pro. MS Project would be considered an asset.
- Strong follow-through from start to finish on all projects.
- A positive attitude and a team player with a high regard for others.
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, would be an asset.